The Umarex Colt Defender CO2 BB Gun – My Ultimate Review.
My Umarex Colt Defender CO2 BB Gun Review
Click image for full details
The Colt Defender is an excellent replica of the classic Colt Defender. The Defender is a compact version of the Colt 1911 pistol. This replica pistol is constructed out of metal (except the grip panels) and gives the Defender some authentic feeling heft to it.
The trigger on this unique pistol is double-action-only with a smooth pull and a fairly crisp release. The hand grips have textured grip panels and is comfortable to hold and has a lovely feel.
- Loudness: 3-Medium
- Barrel Length:4.30″
- Overall Length: 6.75″
- Weight: 1.60 lbs
- Capacity: 16 round(s)
- Barrel: Smooth bore
- Front Sight: Blade and Ramp
- Rear Sight: Fixed
- Scopeable: No
- Trigger action: Double-action only
- Buttpad: None
- Suggested for: Plinking/Fun
- Action: Semiautomatic
- Powerplant: CO2
- Safety: Manual
- Repeater: Repeater
- Velocity: 440fps
- Body: Pistol
The Defender features a blade and ramp style front sight and a fixed rear sight. A white dot on the front sight has been added to help line up the sights easier. AndThe safety is located on the right side of the gun, just above the trigger. The safety requires you to push in first then slide it on/off.
The button near the trigger on the left side of the gun that would typically be the magazine release on other BB guns, is actually a button to activate the spring powered sliding grip panel. The Defender is powered by a single standard 12g CO2 cartridge inserted into the hand grip behind the slide out grip panel. Under the barrel of the Defender is a Picatinny style rail for mounting accessories such as a laser sight, flashlight and so on…
The magazine Of the defender is built right into the gun. You can load a total 16 BB into the built in clip. Loading the BBs is pretty straight forward. Just Pull the follower down and lock it. Load the BBs through the loading port, and then unlock the follower.
The Testing and Testing Methods:
We will be testing…
- the accuracy
- shots per CO2 cartridge
- Trigger Pull
- BB velocity
- and loudness of the pistol
- Temperature of the room is 73ºF .
- For accuracy the pistol will be used on a gun rest.
- A new CO2 cartridge will be used. five shots will be fired with a 15 second rest between shots.
- We will be using Daisy Premium grade BBs which have given us good results before
- The target will be set for 15 feet away.
- Shots per CO2 will be tested by firing shots with 15 second rests, till the performance of the pistol wanes.
- Trigger Pull will be measured with a trigger gauge in lbs of force.
- BB Velocity will be measured as an average of 5 shots through a Shooting Chrony.
- Loudness will be measured with a dB meter.
- Accuracy: .68” grouping
- Shots Per CO2 Cartridge: 100-110 shots
- Trigger Pull: 8 lbs
- BB Velocity: 408 fpsAverage
- Loudness: 98 dB
The Defender is an all around fun gun to shoot. Its great on CO2 and has above average accuracy for a BB gun. With its fantastic looks and affordable price, this little Colt is a great addition to any hobbyists collection for all.
- Metal Construction
- Good on CO2
- Accessories Rail
- Above Average Accuracy
- Built in Magazine,
- No Extra Clips
Where to get a good deal
- Beretta Elite II CO2 BB Gun – My Ultimate Review
- Gamo PT-80 CO2 Pellet Gun – See My Ultimate Review
- Smith & Wesson M&P CO2 BB Gun – My Full Detailed Review
- Walther PPK BB Gun- Read My Ultimate Review
If I can be of any further assistance or like to add to this topic please use the comment box below, I’LL get back to you as soon as possible.