Smith & Wesson M&P CO2 BB Gun – My Full Detailed Review
Smith & Wesson M&P CO2 BB Gun Ultimate Review
This Smith& Wesson Pistol is available in two models. The dark earth brown, and an all black version. This particular air pistol is a replica of the real Smith & Wesson M&P used by police and the military .
Its velocity is rated at 480 fps and the M&P has a drop out BB magazine for added real looks. The gun is double action only. Which means the trigger is used to cock and fire the gun in one trigger pull.
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
- Barrel Length:4.25″
- Overall Length: 7.50″
- Loudness: 3-Medium
- Capacity: 19 round(s)
- Barrel: Smooth bore
- Front Sight: Blade and Ramp
- Rear Sight: Fiber Optic
- Scopeable: No
- Trigger action: Double-action
- Suggested for: Plinking/Fun
- Powerplant: CO2
- Safety: Manual
- Velocity: 480 fps
- Repeater: Repeater
The Gun features fiber optic sights. The magazine release button is located on the left side near the trigger guard, while the safety switch is on the right. The safety requires you to push in first then slide it on or off. This prevents accidental unlocking of the safety knob
The Smith & Wesson M&P uses a 19 shot magazine. This magazine is the same one used in the Beretta Elite II, and the Crosman C11/C21/C31/C41 pistols.
Underneath the barrel of the Elite II is a Picatinny style rail for mounting accessories such as a laser sight, flashlight, etc.
The M&P Pistol features a blade and ramp style front sight and a fiber optic rear sight. This allows for quick acquisition of the target.
To load BB’s into the magazine is easy. Just pull the sliding follower all the way down until it catches and stays locked. Drop BBs through the hole in the magazine until it’s full. Next put the clip into the gun and you should be ready for the fun.
Sometimes the locked follower would not unlock and no BBs could be fired. This seems to be because the hook on the bottom of the follower is a little too aggressive and hangs on to the bottom of the magazine.
The fix is simple. After loading BBs into the clip, make sure the hook is released before putting it into the gun. This will require a bit of fidgeting with the hook a bit until it gives in.
One more stumble with this pistol is if a clip is released with BBs still in it. What occurs is a BB will drop out of the magazine well. This seems to happen because the top BB is released from the magazine when the magazine is being inserted.
The Testing and Testing Methods:
- We will be testing the accuracy
- shots per CO2 cartridge
- Trigger Pull
- BB velocity
- and loudness of the pistol
- Temperature of the room is 73ºF
- For accuracy the pistol will be used in a gun rest
- A new CO2 cartridge will be used
- Five shots will be fired with a 15 second rest between shots
- We will be using Daisy Premium grade BBs which have given us good results in the before.
- Trigger Pull will be measured with a trigger gauge in lbs of force.
- The target will be set for 15 feet away.
- Shots per CO2 will be tested by firing shots with15 second rests, till the performance of the pistol wanes.
- Loudness will be measured with a dB meter.
- BB Velocity will be measured as an average of 5 shots through a Shooting Chrony.
- Accuracy: .75″ grouping
- Shots Per CO2 Cartridge: 110-120 shots.
- Trigger Pull: 5.1 lbs
- BB Velocity: 448 fps Average
- Loudness: 95 dB
This Smith & Wesson is a pretty decent budget pistol. It provides good accuracy, high shots per CO2 cartridge, and it won’t hurt your Bank account. This gun would be a good choice as a first BB gun for a novice. One more nice thing to say about this pistol is you can buy extra clips for it. A pack of 2 will set you back about $16.
- Good accuracy
- Accessories Rail
- Good CO2 Usage
Annoying magazine spring release
Where to find a good deal