The Umarex Makarov CO2 BB Pistol – My Ultimate Review
Umarex Makarov CO2 BB Pistol Ultimate Review
Umarex Makarov CO2 BB Pistol
Click image for full details
The Makarov CO2 BB pistol, is a faithful reproduction of the classic Russian Makarov. Constructed of nearly all metal parts, movable slide, and the ability to disassemble it for cleaning really adds to the realism of this pistol.
The pistol can be fired either single action or in double action mode, but both are about the same when it comes to trigger weight. The movable slide is only used to cock the pistol and does not have blow back action, but the hammer does move when fired. And The sights on the Makarov are your standard blade front and fixed rear affair.
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
- Loudness: 3-Medium
- Barrel Length:2.80″
- Overall Length: 6.25″
- Capacity: 18 round(s)
- Barrel: Smooth bore
- Front Sight: Blade
- Rear Sight: Fixed
- Scopeable: No
- Trigger action: Double-action and single-action
- Suggested for: Plinking/Fun
- Powerplant: CO2
- Safety: Manual
- Repeater: Repeater
- Velocity: 380 fps
- Body: Pistol
And like the original Makarov, the pistol has a lanyard attachment loop on the bottom left-hand side of the grip. For left handed shooters the attachment loop might make long shooting sessions somehow uncomfortable.
Located on the left side of the pistol is the safety, which can also be used to lock the gun with a cocked hammer.
The pistol is powered by a single standard 12g CO2 cartridge inserted into the hand grip behind a pull out grip panel. The grip panel has a tendency to pull straight off the gun if you pull too hard. The grip panel easily pops back on though.
And Removing the pistol clip is accomplished by the mag release which is located in front of the magazine on this pistol. This allows it to be readily accessible for either right or left handed shooters.
To Load the BB’s into the magazine is easy. Just pull the sliding follower all the way down to the notch until it catches and stays locked. Drop the BBs through the hole in the magazine until full. Next place the clip into the gun and you should be ready for the fun.
The gun alsohas the cool feature that it can also be disassembled. When disassembling the Makarov you should first make sure that the CO2 cylinder has been removed and then cock the hammer. Next pull down on the trigger guard and move the slide back and up.
The Testing and Testing Methods:
We will be testing…
- the accuracy
- shots per CO2 cartridge
- Trigger Pull
- BB velocity
- loudness of the pistol
- Temperature of the room is 73ºF .
- For accuracy the pistol will be used on a gun rest.
- A new CO2 cartridge will be used.
- five shots will be fired with a 15 second rest between shots.
- We will be using Daisy Premium grade BBs which have given us good results in the past.
- The target will be set for 15 feet away.
- Shots per CO2 will be tested by firing shots with 15 second rests, till the performance of the pistol wanes.
- Trigger Pull will be measured with a trigger gauge in lbs of force.
- BB Velocity will be measured as an average of 5 shots through a Shooting Chrony.
- Loudness will be measured with a dB meter.
- Accuracy: .5” grouping
- Shots Per CO2 Cartridge: 90-100 shots
- Trigger Pull: 7.3 lbs (DA) /8.0 lbs (SA)
- BB Velocity: 369 fpsAverage
- Loudness: 100 dB
The Makarov is a very good air pistol that offers excellent accuracy for a BB gun. The metal construction and ability to disassemble the pistol makes it feel like a real firearm. All this and at a very attractive low price.
- Metal construction
- Dissembles like a firearm
- Ambidextrous Mag Release
- Working Hammer
- Good CO2 Usage
- Grip panel tends to slide off gun if pulled a little to hard.